Sunday, January 27, 2008

Native Tongues : The Old School (1989-1996) Volume 01


So I thought I would switch it up a little on the musical tip. This whole weekend I have been on this old school hip hop jones and made a few hand-picked mixes involving all the Native Tongues hip hop of the 90s. This is the stuffs I listened to in high school while in Jason Barrios’ Mitsubishi Conquest or in my neighbor Matt Spurlock’s Teal Mustang. It holds a special place in my heart and it may yours too. If not, it’s still good to jam too while rockin’ some Cross Colors or maybe some Jordans with a matching Starter Jacket. Download the joints HERE!

(1) De La Soul - Me Myself & I
(2) Jungle Brothers - J. Beez Comin’ Through
(3) A Tribe Called Quest - Rhythm (Devoted to the Art of Moving Butts)
(4) Common - I Used to Love H.E.R.
(5) The Roots - Grits
(6) De La Soul with Q-Tip & Vinia Mojica - Roller Skating Jam Named “Saturdays”
(7) Black Sheep - Similak Child
(8) The Pharcyde - Drop
(9) The Beastie Boys with Q-Tip - Get it Together
(10) A Tribe Called Quest - Lyrics to Go
(11) The Roots - Distortion to Static
(12) The Beatnuts - Let Off a Couple
(13) The Pharcyde - Runnin’
(14) De La Soul - Long Island Degrees
(15) Common - In My Own World (Check the Method)
(16) Busta Rhymes & Q-tip - Ill Vibe
(17) The Beatnuts - Are You Ready
(18) Black Sheep - The Choice is Yours (Revisted)

No comments: